Monday, January 22, 2007

CURLING-Mountain Pacific Champs!

Indeed! Team Coleman (San Francisco) has won the Mountain Pacific Play-downs and will be traveling to St. Paul, MN for the Women's Club Nationals from March 4 - 10, 2007.

We are humbled by our experience as we are the first women's team from the San Francisco Bay Area Curling Club, and the first from California to win this honor. It is truly a dream of a lifetime. Now I just have to convince myself that it's not a dream. :)

Personally, I want to thank my teammates: Gabrielle Coleman, JoDee Dike-Johnson, and Karen Officer. I have never known a group of women who were more brave or had such beautiful hearts as these ladies of curling. You have changed my life in so many ways.

Then there's our coach Barry Ivy. Your leadership, experience, and friendship are invaluable to us. We hope that we are somehow able to repay you by making you proud.

Brent Halpenny, who sees opportunities before everyone else, thank you for your tireless work preparing JoDee and Karen for the Deaflypics. You recognize the important things and helped to create our team. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The San Francisco Bay Area Curling Club and it's fabulous and supportive members who cheered us on. We felt your love!

Grandma Glennis who came to support us. I love you so much!

And too our many friends everywhere - thank you for your wishes of Luck.

So all I can say now is -- CURLING IS FOREVER!

B.