Sunday, February 11, 2007

SILVER MEDAL FOR TEAM USA IN DEAFLYMPICS

THE 2007 DEAFLYMPICS ARE COMPLETED, AND TEAM USA WOMEN'S CURLING HAS WON THE SILVER MEDAL!

It is an unbelievable feeling! My two teammates, JoDee Dike-Johnson and Karen Officer, are the only Olympic medalists I've ever known. They are wonderful women - each is a wife and mother, each teaches at the California School for the Deaf. They have patiently been teaching signs (ASL) to Gabrielle and me, and have been so very dedicated to our sport of Curling.

This triumph is nothing less than an appropriate payment for the Goodness, Good-will, Good-Sportmanship, Good Spirit, and good grief... just being awesome people.

Today, 11 February 2007, JoDee and Karen have been curling for exactly 7 months. 7 months!!! It's amazing!


All the BEST to my friends, JoDee and Karen. They have represented our USA well and I am so PROUD!